Complaints procedure Royal Car Rental Bonaire
The terms used in this complaints procedure have the following meanings.
Royal Car Rental Bonaire
The car rental company.
The person submitting a complaint and/or his or her authorized representative.
Any written expression intended by the complainant as a complaint.
Any person who performs work under the responsibility of the Car Rental Company.
- Notification to the management
All statements by third parties that may be interpreted as a complaint shall immediately be brought to the attention of the management.
- Handling of complaints
All complaints will be handled by the management.
- Complaint file
A special complaint file shall be created by the management for each complaint.
Within 1 working week after receipt of the complaint, the customer will be confirmed in writing that the complaint has been received and is being dealt with by the management. The confirmation will include:
- Deadline by which the complainant is expected to be contacted further. In principle, every complaint should be dealt with within a maximum of 6 weeks
- Name of the board member handling the complaint
- The way in which the complainant can approach the management for further contact about the complaint.
- Professional liability insurance
If the complaint could lead to liability, the liability insurer will be informed immediately. All further steps in the handling of the complaint will then take place after consultation with the liability insurer.
If the complaint relates to persons working under the responsibility of the Vehicle Rental Company, the management will inform the person(s) concerned of the complaint received and ask them to comment. A written summary will be made of the response from the person(s) involved and added to the complaint file after it has been signed by the person(s) involved.
After the management believes it has obtained sufficient information to reach a sound judgement on the submitted complaint, the complainant is contacted. Preferably, an attempt is made to have a personal conversation with the complainant. If the complainant does not appreciate this, the complainant will be informed in writing of the management’s opinion. If the management informs the complainant in writing of its viewpoint, the letter will contain at least the following information:
- The date the complaint was received
- Information that the complaint was immediately taken up by the management
- The management’s assessment of the complainant’s complaint
- The possible follow-up actions that the financial service provider will take in respect of the complainant.
- Possibility of further contact about the management’s viewpoint.
If the complaint is not settled to the complainant’s satisfaction, the management will actively point out to the complainant the possibilities of applying to the civil courts within three months.
- Structural measures
After dealing with each complaint, the management will consider whether there are any possibilities for preventing a repetition of this type of complaint. If concrete measures are taken to this end, these are recorded in the complaints file.
Each complaint file will be kept for at least 120 months from the moment the complaint is dealt with. If the complainant turns to a disputes committee, the complaint file will be kept for at least 12 months after the disputes committee has issued its decision.
- Effective date
This complaints procedure came into force on 1 September 2022.